M.S. MASTER’S PROJECTS: Small stipends for reporting expenses
The Dean of Students Office is pleased to offer a limited number of small grants for M.S. Master’s Projects.
These grants of up to $250 per project (individually for print, print/video hybrid or radio projects; in teams for documentary) are for a limited number of projects.
Stipends are awarded for verifiable reporting expenses such as research trips in the Tri-state area, and, an occasional trip to, say, Washington, D.C. (remember, your primary reportage is supposed to be near the NYC area). These are not cash advances or reimbursements. These are stipends (which may be taxable) are given to students whose reporting needs warrant the support in the eyes of the Dean of Students Office.
Students will be required to submit receipts as proof of spending… Stipends will be awarded via student financial accounts.
If an approved grantee ends up not using as much was originally approved, he/she will be awarded a stipend in accord with actual expenses
Here is the timeline for the process:
- November 16: M.S. Master’s Project stipends application opens
- December 14: M.S. Master’s Project stipends application closes
- January 22: Students are notified via e-mail if they were approved
- January 22: Approved students may begin submitting their receipts via the online link
- May 6: Last day to submit receipts for final stipend approval
PLEASE NOTE: Right now are unable to consider any projects other than those due in Spring 2013 semester (we will open up the process again for summer projects).