The Daily Plan-It is proud to announce round two of our occasional create-your-own caption contest. Below is a photo taken in August 2005. To enter the contest, write a creative caption in the comment field below (instructions below). The contest runs until the next photo goes up. There will be a prize for the best caption, as judged by the DOS Office. Multiple entries from individual students, faculty, adjuncts, staff and alumni ARE allowed, but we reserve the right to reject entries that are truly tasteless (and we have seen some that fit the bill). Meanwhile, see the winners of Caption Contest #1, starring Dean Klatell.
Photo by Rebecca Castillo, MS 2006.
The entries so far:
- Marisa Taylor: Whenever Khody Akhavi and Abe Lebovic were meeting new women during the August session, they made sure to mention their newly formed hip-hop group, LL Cool J, which stood for “ladies love cool journalists.”
- Lawrence Lanahan: “One, two, three, four, I declare a thumb war.”
- Abe Lebovic:
1. “I write for the New Yorker, and my friend writes for the Atlantic Monthly.”
2. “We are new to this school. Can you tell us how to get to your dorm room?”
3. “Oh, come on. You never heard of the the “Flying Duo” of Cirque De Soleil?”
4. “We both think your eyes are beautiful.”
- Antonio Neves: “He’s not letting go of your hand until you apply to the M.A. program.”
- Eric Jaffe: “No way. We’re ‘print’ too.”
- David Ressell: “Congratulations, you are winner of the last Caption contest, your prize…. a brand new J-school student! Now get me some damn pie!”
- Badru Mulumba: “You plus him make a perfect…ugh, ugh…a perfect…ugh… reporting pair!”
- Ed Krayewski:
“I’m a student here, and so is he. We just started, but in ten short months we’ll be done. Then we’ll be reporters. And the best part is a degree from Columbia will get you ANY job you want. Reporters make dough, too, and girls love dough. We’re gonna be raking in the ladies better than the entire student body at the Law School and the Business School combined. Oh yeah, and I heard RW1 is a pushover. Want a drink?”
Two ways to enter:
a. If you haven’t registered on this site earlier, follow these instructions to post a comment - in this case, your caption entry. If you have already registered, just go ahead and log in.
1. To register for this blog (you only have to do this once for all future comments), go to http://deanstudents.blogsome.com/wp-register.php (once you are registered - includes a password being sent to you via e-mail), go to step 2.
2. Click on the “Comments” at the bottom of this post and fill in your FULL NAME - first and last - and e-mail address (just fill it in once, typing in just “N/A” in the URL section if you don’t have a site.
Your caption WILL NOT show up there immediately, but will be there when we approve the comment within a few hours.
b. E-mail your caption to email@example.com (subject = caption contest #2) - and we will add it here.