Greetings from Alice!
Happy spring! We are approaching that time in the semester when things can get a little (more) hectic. Alice! would like to share some information with you regarding strategies to ensure that stress does not interfere with the ability to achieve your personal and academic goals.
Here are two great resources made specifically for Columbia students:
v Stressbusters Support Network: This comprehensive guide highlights campus resources to help you cope with stress positively.
v Stressbust Yourself Toolkit: This toolkit lists six easy ways to relax yourself that can be done at any time.
Easy tips to help you relax:
· Make “to do” lists
· Spend time with friends/family
· Engage in physical activity
· Choose balanced meals; check out CU’s Guide to Healthier Eating
· Get good sleep to boost concentration; a good night’s rest will help you do your best
· Make a budget
· Get a back-rub from a Stressbuster
· Practice Yoga or meditation
· Stop by the Alice! office and grab a stress ball
· Take deep breaths
· Make an appointment with Counseling and Psychological Services to help gain some perspective or work through any issues you may be experiencing
Did you know that Alice! sponsors the Stressbusters program? On Mondays and Wednesdays during the semester, you can drop in to the following locations for a stress break and receive a brief neck and back rub.
Melt Away Mondays (1st & 3rd Mondays of the month): 7-8pm, Wallach Hall, 1st Floor Lounge
Wind Down Wednesdays (every week): 4-5pm, Wien Hall, 1st Floor Lounge
Look for Stressbuster events at other locations throughout the year. Check out the Stressbusters Page on Facebook and the Stressbusters website for more information.